Digital Progressive Assurance
Digital Progressive Assurance gives your business and your customers confidence and certainty that you consistently deliver high-quality projects on time, within budget and maximise profit margins.
In an uncertain world eviFile empowers businesses to know exactly how their projects and businesses are performing by
- Empowering project managers to stay up to date and in control of projects with a digital dashboard providing real-time project information and insight – anytime, anywhere – improving visibility of all works and sub-contractors
- Replacing manual handwritten forms with consistent, digital forms which can capture complex work in seconds
- Synching data in real time in the cloud providing the ability to share securely with all project partners (as required) eviFile offers huge time savings on projects by reducing the amount of time taken for accurate update reports and meetings.
- Accurately capturing work carried out eviFile enables contractors to identify under- and over-performing sub-contractors. Discover the reasons for under-performance and create solutions and actions to resolve issues such as gaps in training, , in skills or expertise are identified
- Having visibility of all project information in real-time improves both short-term and long-term decision-making
In most projects, this assurance is developed progressively as key steps are completed and documented – so we use the term ‘digital progressive assurance’.
Delivering new capital assets (or updating existing ones) often involves sequences of activities. Each step may be subject to a quality inspection and must be signed-off prior to the next one starting. In documenting these inspections and approval steps, contractors can quickly accumulate large volumes of progress monitoring paperwork. And the volume expands if you add in the monitoring of snagging during quality control.
“While a lot of recent industry focus has been on Building Information Modelling (BIM), ‘linear’ civil engineering projects place special demands on field-based work teams. User- friendly tools like eviFile that automatically connect geolocation with built asset data will help drive successful collaboration between site and office-based workers”
Complying with inspection and test plans
On most construction and civil engineering projects, teams will need to follow Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), perhaps to satisfy ISO 9001 or similar monitoring or regulatory requirements. These plans specify the key points at which inspection or verification processes needs to be followed to ensure things are progressing as they should be.
Generally, ITPs follow the sequence of operations. They define when a check is needed, what needs to be checked, and who is responsible for signing off each check. For each check, a checklist or quality check sheet (QCS) document is completed.
Benefits of using evifile…
- Controlled data (one source of truth) and highly secure but permissible access
- Progressive completion of asset build activities with supporting evidence files
- Reliable and consistent data capture across projects
- Real-time project quality status
- Real-time visibility and management of defects and non-conformance reports (NCRs)
- Real-time visibility of programme impact
- Imperical, quicker and better informed management decisions
- Removal of paperwork – lower overheads / increased margins
- Digital evidence support to minimise dispute claims
- Swift client handover and sign off, hours not months
- Compliance evidence archive (unlimited storage)
Construction teams, site supervisors and engineers can now collaborate to ensure progressive assurance by using eviFiles live field capture and back-office functions
In January 2019 eviFile was successful in securing a contract with Drax Group, following a rapid tender process that started at the end of November 2018.